Monday, May 12, 2008

Back with Stacey, his Foster Mom

Henry went back to see Stacey, his foster mom, tonight. I was getting sad before handing him off. Once my dad tried to take him and Maggie for a walk, and he wouldn't go without me, so I was kind of wondering how it would be. But when Stacey came, he was so happy to see her, jumping up and giving her kisses. He showed off by going into my room and barking and by doing his hilarious playing - he has taken to the tree of squirrels that Sammy D. gave Maggie for Xmas. He pulled out all the squirrels and the fish egg (ok that was from another toy), and runs around the house squeaking it (the fish egg) and dropping it and falling all over himself to pick it up again as FAST as possible. Stacey came in and hung out for a bit, and brought me a rescue group tee shirt. She told me they have turned down a couple of applications on him (or steered people a bit differently.) Someone was interested in 3 dogs - a puppy, a jack russell, or Henry. They decided this person didn't know what they wanted and needed to decide that first. Just like looking for a job. I'm getting him again Friday after work and taking him to the adoption event on Saturday, so I'm glad to be having this Henry time. When it was time to leave, Henry went with her with no more than a quick glance to see if we were coming along (and we weren't). It was really good to see. Anyway, it's all feeling better.

No comments: