Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dog Pee, a Root Canal, and a Mom Update

Henry the Peeing Dog

Henry peed in my room 2 times yesterday. He got into a whole jar of jerky sticks that someone had given us. He drank a lot of water. And peed on my clothes and carpet in large volume. Really gross. Of all times to be out of Nature's Miracle!

Today he peed again! No jerky sticks. No overdose on water. But he peed in my room. On the clothes and on the carpet. Thanks, Henry.

Yesterday he made another escape attempt. Just saw an opening at the door when I was on my way out and shot out into the yard. He is so fast when he is on the lam. When I get close to him though, he gets low and cowers.

He and Maggie are a real barking team anytime anyone unauthorized (and they are very stingy about their authorizations) comes into the yard behind the building.

Maggie is getting really good at getting things off even high counters. Today: edges of fish tacos. I fed Henry and Maggie each a crispy, overwarmed tortilla with their food tonight. He ate the tortilla first.

And I just love him and his ears smell so good!


My Mouth

I am having a root canal tomorrow. Best case scenario. Or my tooth may have to be extracted. This is the same one that was hurting so much after dental work in October, right before my move. It took 3 months to settle down, rather than the 1 the dentist predicted. And it unsettled itself this weekend.

They did some dental work today. Gave me 2 prescriptions, one antibiotic and one painkiller (Lorcet). Wow, that made me really woozy.

Whole thing is scary. Not as scary as a sick mom, though. Have been reeling from that one.


Mom

She's feeling better. Had ups and downs today. Pulmonologist said the fluid they drained yesterday is bacteria-free but gram-positive. I have no idea what that is - from what I can see on the internet, gram-positive is a classification of bacteria. Bottom line is they need to get the fluid out. He's encouraged by her progress overall.

No comments: