Saturday, April 26, 2008

He Knows

We went to the adoption event. Henry knows something is up. We never go hang out in a room with a bunch of other dogs without Maggie. You could just tell (something in the air) that something was different at the basset rescue event. And I think this was similar. He wanted to say hi to everyone, and then he wanted to walk and sniff outside far beyond the immediate area. I kept bringing him back. It was hot out, but he had plenty of energy when we were outside. I'd drag him back in and he would just lie flat on the floor.

Everyone thought he was handsome but no one really bonded with him.

A kid sang to him - and two kids did yesterday - "When your ears hang low."

Anyway, I just start feeling so sad and down that he knows what's going on. And you know how they can sense our emotions.

He was droopy in the car. Came home and Maggie thinks we cheated on her.

I'm starting to feel like I'm betraying him.

Did I mention he peed in my room yesterday? So I must keep remembering those kinds of things.

No comments: