Thursday, April 24, 2008

Short Updates

The volunteer coordinator from Athens Canine Rescue called me tonight to talk about Henry. I cried. I am going to miss him so much.

Keeping him out of my room seems to be working during the day. No more barking complaints.

Poison Ivy blisters are popping up today - I didn't remember it taking this long, but apparently that's possible.

Apparently I really do think my dogs are my kids - today I was talking to the vet about the stitches from Henry's circumcision.

Did I mention I'm sad? And that I love him.

Colette and Meg are for keeping Henry. That's what a friend of mine in Athens recommended too.

What I Love About Henry

His ears smell great - bigger ears, bigger dog smell
He has the biggest poops in the neighborhood
He is really good at getting what he needs of the counter - self-serve
He is so sweet when he's asking for an invitation to get up on the sofa
He loves to be rubbed or talked to
Those baggy jowls really do trap scent
His willingness to go up to anyone
The way he just hopped in my car at the first invitation - and the way he crawled into the driver's seat when I left him there
His strong smelling skillset and the way he kind of chirps when he smells something he needs to get
The way he loves being part of the family

to be continued

No comments: